How is cell size determined (CELLSIZE) – Groundbreaking Project2016 - M. Bornens (coordinator; UMR144), JF. Joanny (team Sens UMR168), C. Lamaze (UMR3666)
Cell size sensing does not rely on DNA-binding protein titration but on a cytoplasmic mechanism directly involved in cell sizing.
1. Build a theoretical model of the centromere (CTR) to account for the stability of this membrane-less organelle that would also account for its role in cell size homeostasis.
2. Re-investigate by video-lens free microscopy and robust statistics, the cell response to CTR ablation, or to any other perturbation of the tubulin-based active network, on cell size
3. Quantify PM transport and caveolae response in CTR-less cells
- CTR-less cells: MT assembly in immortalized diploid hTERT-RPE1 cells treated with centrinone
- Lens-free microscopy: quantify and classify bio-physical phenotypes within large populations of cultured cells
- siRNA, Crispr/Cas9: analysis of caveolae/CAV1
Keywords: cell size, intracellular transport, biomimetics